The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires each state to have a competitive marketplace, also known as an Affordable Health Insurance Exchange (Exchange), for individuals and small businesses to purchase private health insurance. According to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Exchanges will allow for direct comparisons of private health insurance options on the basis of price, quality and other factors and will coordinate eligibility for premium tax credits and other affordability programs.
All Exchanges will launch open enrollment in October 2013, with coverage becoming effective as early as Jan. 1, 2014.
Small Business Guide to DC Health Link
A resource for users of the DC Health Link Small Business Marketplace,
including employers and their brokers: View PDF
Other Helpful Resources
- DC Health Link: dchealthlink.com
- DC Health Link Small Business Calculator: dchealthlink.com/smallbiz-calculator
- Healthcare.gov – Glossary of Terms:www.healthcare.gov/glossary
- DC Health Link Insurance Providers: dchealthlink.com/insurers/health-plans
- Tax Credits: dchealthlink.com/tax-credits
- FREE Prescription Assistance Program: DCRxCard.com
Participating Health Insurance Companies