Committees & Workgroups
The DC Chamber’s Committees and Workgroups open up avenues for members to serve as a voice within and for the Chamber, while providing a forum for collaboration on business issues and a path to building business-to-business relationships.
The DC Chamber’s Government Affairs committee, made up of Chamber member representatives, supports the prioritization of and informs much of the organization's advocacy activities.
Both regulatory and legislative issues that impact the broader business community and the Chamber's policy agenda are regularly discussed and brought to the Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee for feedback and recommendations. It is during these meetings that the Committee analyzes issues, and would make determinations that guide the Chamber’s positioning.
During the Calendar Year the Committee will focus its efforts on:
- Monitoring and prioritizing public policy issues which impact chamber members and the greater business community
- Assisting the DC Chamber in creating informed policy positions that align to its mission and Policy Agenda, coupled with strategic outreach and support from committee working groups and taskforces.
- Keeping members informed of major issues, policy developments, and key events through its Legislative Updates & Government Affairs Listserv
- Help recruit and retain Chamber members. Through its Ambassador Program, the committee serves as the welcoming arm of the DC Chamber, promotes new member participation and continues the DC Chamber’s strategy to increase membership.
- Recommend member program curriculum and new member discount programs.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Deliver and execute proactive solutions to Chamber members in two major areas of expertise:
- Rebrand and provide wellness initiatives for the Chamber, helping to reduce business costs for members.
- Proactively advance policy issues that can benefit the health community in the District.
SMALL BUSINESS ADVISORY COUNCIL
- Organize the forum on behalf of small business members to provide the DC Chamber President and CEO with unique insight and perspective on the challenges and opportunities of the small business owner/operator.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Support the DC Chamber’s international programming. Encourage the involvement, participation and outreach to international communities and companies.
- Identify the top obstacles for retail establishments in the District: workforce development, government relations, workforce crime, bag tax and impending fees, trash, pest control and developing issues specific to the industry.
We welcome your participation in these important committees and workgroups. Please contact Brittany Osazuwa at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the name of the group you’d like to join.